6/featured/slider1

TRAVELS: the Costa del Azahar & Benicassim Festival

Almost two months after our travels actually started and I'm FINALLY going to begin documenting and sharing it all here! :) 

Our first stop was Oropesa del Mar on the Costa del Azahar (between Barcelona and Valencia in Spain) to go to Benicassim festival! I have wanted to go for YEARS ever since my big bro when went I was younger, but nevertheless I have to admit prior to this trip I'd never been to a proper festival before. HOWEVER despite discovering that I love the festival vibe more than anything, I honestly don't see why after this I would ever want to pay £££ to go and stand/sleep in a muddy field in England when for the equivalent of £70 we had four nights of the exact same (amazing) artists and four days of the beach, pool and guaranteed sunshine. Our ticket price even included eight days camping if we'd wanted! INCREDIBLE. Plus there was a waterpark just 15 minutes walk away. This year's headliners were Muse, with the Chemical Brothers, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Jess Glynne, Hinds, Biffy Clyro and the Maccabees also topping the line up. And even though I lost my purse and my eurocard in the crowd with five weeks travelling ahead, absolutely nothing could kill the atmosphere for me and I had THE best time everrrrrrrrrrr.  The towns along the Costa del Azahar, especially Oropesa, where we stayed were sooooo photogenic so 99.9% of this blogpost is actually pastel coloured apartment blocks...with a bit of Benicassim on the end. But the point is I would definitely go to Benicassim again, every.single.year in fact if I could!





Naomi x 

No comments