6/featured/slider1

Belated Blogging: Birthday in Budapest!

Ok. So slightly crazy of me. Blogging about my birthday when my birthday was four and a half shocking months ago...........but I realised I never properly blogged about my trip to beautiful Budapest. However, it is one of my all time favourite cities, so I really couldn't leave it out.  Apologies in advance if this turns into a MEGA PHOTO OVERLOAD blog post because it was just such a visually appealing place and I am very eager to return asap!

Last February when I was in the depths of dissertation doom I decided I needed something to work towards, and being me, that was obviously gonna be a quick trip outta here. Cue me (and three of my housemates) logging on to the old faithful AirBnB and the RyanAir sale page and booking £9.99 tickets to Budapest, somewhere I'd wanted to visit for a really reaaaaally long time. The cheapest dates in our Easter break fell nicely either side of my birthday so it was decided, absolutely perfect for a full and jam-packed three days of fun. Again being me, I knew we wouldn't have a second to waste whilst we were away so I plotted out twenty-six things I was desperate to see/do/eat on a map and devised a very full-on exploring schedule, including seeing the sunrise and using the excuse 'oh but it's my birthday' every time anyone wanted to sleep. I would put Budapest up there in my top five cities ever, highly recommend everybody takes a trip there (it's so affordable too) and keep your eyes peeled for all the gorgeous floors and ceilings!!


The must-sees and must-eats from our trip:

  • Museum of Applied Arts (I was in pattern HEAVEN)
  • Sunrise from the Fisherman's Bastion - we had the whole place to ourselves!
  • Budapest Poster Gallery
  • THE BATHS - there are loads but we did Szechenyi (outdoor) and Gellert (indoor)
  • Rose shaped ice cream from Gelarto Rosa
  • Lavendar lemonade at Vintage Garden
  • Central Market Hall
  • House of Terror (museum)
  • Jewish Quarter for street art
  • Night time walk along the river bank
  • St Stephens Basilica 
  • Retrock Vintage Shop
  • For Sale Pub
  • Szimpla Kert
  • New York Kavehaz (sooooo fancy but so cheap)
  • Shoes on the Danube memorial





Naomi

No comments