6/featured/slider1

Uni Update: Fabric Printing

After finishing editing my paper based screen prints in photoshop and putting them into repeat, I then got them printed digitally onto fabric. The swatch sheet below was tested on cotton, which was a little too thin for the intended purpose, however it allowed me to see how to designs appeared on the fluid fabric and whether they worked with the scale worked with the fabric weave. I printed the larger sheets of fabric onto cotton poplin, a stronger and more rigid fabric which is more fit for purpose. The advantage of using this digital print method is largely down to efficiency as it is much quicker and easier to screen-print multiple layers onto paper (keeping the 'print' aesthetic) and the Photoshop stage allows me to fix any imperfections.



No comments