6/featured/slider1

Out & About: Budapest Ceilings & Floors!

When in any new city one of my favourite things to do is go pattern-spotting in the streets and photograph anything which may later influence my work. I keep hundreds of these photos together in one folder, which is a useful starting point when feeling lost with a surface design project. Budapest was absolutely bursting full of decorative floors and ceilings, all of which is promptly instagrammed and hashtagged #IHaveThisThingWithFloors and #IHaveThisThingWithCeilings - two incredible instagram projects with global contributors who bring together an archive of decorative architectural features worldwide. In particular in Budapest, the Museum of Applied Arts and the Gellert Baths were absolutely *stunning* (I never use that word!) in real life and I can't help wishing London was half as decorative!











No comments