6/featured/slider1

Out & About: Matisse Exhibition

I had to go home last week because I've been really ill, which is literally the worst timing in the world. I still have 7000 words to go on my dissertation and to be honest I am yet to start my final project. However, imagine my delight when I arrived home to my tiny tiny hometown to discover the travelling Matisse exhibition was up in the local gallery. For anyone that doesn't know, Matisse is literally like my favourite guy ever. Last year whilst we were backpacking around Europe I left my group in bed and made the 1h15m bus journey across the South of France to the home of Matisse. His very own dedicated museum. Despite being a massive fan of all periods of his work, the cut-outs always inspire me with their simplicity yet brilliance and bright colours combined with interesting shapes.  


No comments