6/featured/slider1

Forest Pattern

When I proposed my screen printing/surface design project for this semester I specified that I would create two different patterns that would work well in unison. Initially I envisaged these to be two completely different designs, however on reflection I realised the best solution would be to use the same inks and same screens but arranged in a different way. I cut out only the trees (repeating a motif from the other design to make them work well 'together'!) and screen printed these in an arrangement loosely resembling a forest!! And put leaves and smaller plants in the foreground to create different tiers of interest. As with the other design, the background is a plain creamy beige colour here because I am intending for it to be printed onto natural calico to add to the raw, handmade and handprinted aesthetic. 


Naomi x

No comments