6/featured/slider1

Out & About: Canal Cavalcade

Expect many "West London" posts in the near future as I went a bit crazy ticking things of my to see/do list this weekend, grabbing a Boris Bike and hitting up as many places/events as I could before my legs gave up. Also got a bit of a surprise when I found myself cycling down the road of all the Royal Baby hype outside the Lindo Wing in the hours between the birth and appearance of the new Princess! I'd read about the Canal Cavalcade in "Tired Of London Tired Of Life" a while back and when Time Out also recommended it I decided to go have a nosey at the annual May Bank Holiday event held in Little Venice. It was super cute with bunting everywhere, a market, fresh food, lots of kids activities and grown-ups activities too ;) I loved the buzz of colour, the feeling of community and just the fact that canal boats anywhere always remind me of my hometown. Little Venice is a super pretty place to visit all year round, one of those bits of London that feels totally un-London. *I was going to link the blogpost I did on it last year, but it's from like my first month of blogging London and way too cringeworthy* ...if I remember correctly though you can actually follow the canal the whole way to Stratford- something that's on my list to do one day!

 (Royal Baby hype ^) 

Naomi x

No comments