6/featured/slider1

Out & About: Ruislip Lido (at last!)

The amount of times I've read about this place in like 'secret London' blogs and books is actually kind of crazy, maybe not so much a secret any more, even if none of my housemates had heard of it! The weather here in old London town has been stunning for days on end and I've been in total denial that our deadline is NEXT WEEK (*insert panic here*) and just spent everyday soaking up some sunshine in my shorts. Yesterday we took the tube just six stops and found ourselves in a leafy woodland that felt a million miles from London but was still well within the M25! I dragged my housemates on a little exploring adventure through the woods (and injured my thumb climbing a tree...) insisting that we WOULD find the lido, even though there was no sign of it... eventually we spotted the glistening waterway, unfortunately the wrong side of the mini railway line which volunteers run around the lake through the woods, but we followed the fence around until we found the beach. The beach, in London, whaaaat!? Complete with sand, children with buckets and spades and a shack selling ice cream! I have a feeling I'm going to become a frequent visitor to this place over the summer months, so relaxed and a perfect change of scenery, it honestly feels like you're in Austria or Germany or something looking across the water at the trees all the way round! Highly recommend this as a day out, especially if like me you live in NW London, bring a picnic or eat in the cafe/pub and just chill in the sunshine :) 
Tube: Ruislip to walk through houses or Northwood Hills to take the forest route!


SOOOO happy to be back to my exploring self :))))

Naomi x


1 comment

  1. one word: Beautiful!
    It's so relaxing and green.. I love it!
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete