6/featured/slider1

I Love Patterns: Goldhawk Road

My friend and I were on the hunt for some basic calico to screen print onto and having trawled the internet for the best value place to find some, we were still clueless... I texted my older brother to ask him which days Walthamstow market was on and his wife recommended us the wondrous Goldhawk Road instead! Sandwiched between Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush tube stops lies an amazing street where 99% of shops sell nothing but fabric, with Shepherds Bush Market itself selling the supplement buttons and ribbons. As an aspiring surface pattern designer and just a total pattern-aholic I was in literal heaven at all the different print and pattern designs, I had to restrain myself from buying about 50 different designs. Settling for the plain and basic calico I'd come for, my receipt totalled a mere £2.50 for 2 metres, whilst my friend who'd opted for a much thicker fabric's bill came to the same amount. I will definitely be re-visiting this place once I've moved my sewing machine down to London too!


Naomi x

No comments