6/featured/slider1

This Week's Dose of Inspiration: If Drawings Were Photographs

During our zine project over the past few weeks at uni our tutor showed us this project 'If Drawings Were Photographs' in its zine-form. The zine is the work of illustrator Tom Edwards, who did the drawings and graphic designer Rob Matthews, who was the brain behind the concept and also the one who transformed the drawings into photographs! When I first saw this zine, my immediate thought was one of 'oh, why didn't I think of that?'...it's such a simple idea but they had executed it so well and it's simplicity was a definite part of its charm. It's almost as though they've turned the process of drawing on its head... instead of observational life drawing it's like they've turned the drawings from imagination into real life. Does that make sense? I'm not sure, it does in my head! They were asked at the time in an interview whether they'd ever continue on with this concept or make a sequel, their answer at the time was that they may try with a variety of different illustrators drawings but otherwise they felt they'd be overdoing it. To be honest, I quite agree with this statement, as much as I would like to have a go at this myself(!) I do feel that its limited publishing time and everything really adds to turning the simple into something special!


Naomi x

2 comments

  1. I love this, so cool! followed you ! :D
    http://www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete