6/featured/slider1

Out & About: Paddington Bear at the House of Illustration

I deliberately timed my recent trip to the House of Illustration so that it straddled the dates that both the Quentin Blake exhibition and the Paddington Bear exhibition were on. The Paddington exhibition, which I believe is on in the lead-up to the movie, focuses both on how he is illustrated and how he is animated... I didn't previously even realise that the responsibility of drawing Paddington had been passed down through several different illustrators until they were put right next to each other! But in fact, some are 'realistic' some are 'cartoony' and my favourites are just beautifully pen drawn. The exhibition shows all these different depictions, but either way Paddington Bear is iconic- regardless of which visual version you grew up with, the duffle coat and hat make him instantly recognisable! 


Naomi x


1 comment

  1. In love with the illustrations, Paddington Bear is so lovely! I wish I was there!
    www.jaseyjade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete