6/featured/slider1

London To-Do List :)

I know I've literally just done a long list post about myself last week, so I apologise that this is just another long lot of bullet points with no particular narrative or interest to anyone else! However, I am now back in London town (I hope, I am writing this last week!) for the Autumn term and I am super keen to get out and exploring this beautiful city some more!!! I also really hope to blog more and more about this wonderful place, as they are the blog posts I enjoy writing most, I love being able to share such a fascinating place with everybody. Last term I created myself a shorter list of things I wanted to see/do in London and I actually failed on the majority, to which I was really quite disappointed in myself...but they've all been recycled into this new list of all the things I am absolutely desperate to visit over my second year! My favourite bit of uni by far is actually just being in London and having such a crazy wealth of opportunities on my doorstep. I am fairly sure I won't be able to afford to live here on illustrator/designer wages when I graduate, and even if I could, I would probably be really short of time. So whilst I have a lot of time, motivation and student loan on my hands I am really hungry to explore more and more and as much as possible! So I've mashed together a new list, but please do let me know anything I've missed out as I am always looking for ideas :)


Image: Miroslav Sasek
  1. Drink Shop Do 
  2. Sunrise at Parliament Hill 
  3. ZSL London Zoo
  4. Visit famous places super early in the morning!
  5. Rooftop cinema
  6. Urban Street Food Fest
  7. See some music at Rough Trade
  8. London Chocolate Festival
  9. London Dungeons
  10. Tea and Crafting
  11. Nikki's Coffee Bar (Sudbury station)
  12. ScooterCaffe
  13. Go to a diwali festival
  14. See lots more exhibitions
  15. Become a more frequent visitor to the Fashion and Textile museum
  16. And the Design Museum!
  17. BB Bakery (I really want to give my mum their bus tour for Christmas, but £90 for 2 eek)
  18. Take my sketchbook out for a day by myself and just draw draw draw
  19. Take my sketchbook to some museums/galleries and drawww 
  20. Go to Kew Gardens
  21. Stand outside the One Show being filmed!!
  22. Jack the Ripper Tour
  23. London Open House Weekend (20-21 September)
  24. Chelsea Psychic Garden
  25. Alexandra Palace
  26. Go to First Thursdays every month.
  27. London Art Book Fair (26-28 September)
  28. Festival of Heat (London Chilli Festival - 28 September) 
  29. See something at the Globe Theatre
  30. Become a regular (or a volunteer!) at the House of Illustration
  31. See a musical
  32. Thorpe Park - not technically London I know!
  33. Go to an early morning outdoor yoga class
  34. Free Riverside Cinema
  35. Lates at the Museums!
  36. Visit the Olympic Park 
  37. And go swimming in the olympic pool!
  38. CentrePoint bar or restaurant
  39. Swim at a Lido
  40. Stay in London for NYE
  41. East London PhotoMonth
  42. ColourScape Festival
  43. Holi Colour Run or Festival
  44. Ruislip Lido
  45. Night out in Shoreditch
  46. London Eye (I last went on it in 2000!)
  47. Up at the 02
  48. London Design Festival
  49. Take a sneak peek at London Fashion Week
  50. Broadway Market
  51. Brixton Village
  52. Maltby Street Market

  53. Propaganda at Islington 02 Academy
  54. Go and do some work at Google Campus
  55. Spend an afternoon (or morning!) at the British Library 
  56. Climb St Pauls
  57. Walk the Thames path (not all in one go!)
  58. Go to Greenwich Park in the sunshine!
  59. Buy some material at either Walthamstow or Sheperd's Bush Market
  60. Be properly touristy and go see the changing of the guard!
  61. London Speedboat Tour
  62. See something at KOKO in Camden.
  63. Go to the Ladybird Bar in Islington just because I like its name!
  64. The Art of the Brick Exhibition

Please give me more ideas! It'd be super cool to get to 100...or 101 as lists like this always seem to have 101 things!

Naomi x

2 comments

  1. I know you said by your own but if you need a buddy for 18 & 19 I'm game - I want to get back into my sketchbook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll be a busy bee! I would love to do so much on this list though. I have been to the Dungeons though and it is brilliant fun!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete