6/featured/slider1

Homeware Wishlist!

This is the third and final of my 'back to school' wish lists, although this is more obviously much more university oriented than the others! Today I will finally move myself into my new student house (my stuff was already here a few weeks) and I'm dead excited to start customising my little box room into a Naomish den for sleeping in, working in and getting good chunks of rest! I am on a very limited customisation budget (e.g. £0) so these things are very much a dream rather than an actual shopping list :( Is it weird that they're all from gift shops? It's totally cool to buy myself a new home gift right!? Joking, joking... I will however put up a brand new room tour once I've feng-shui'ed a bit, stuck some photos on the wall and hung some fairy lights!

I totally surprised myself at how pink this wish list turned out!!! Normally I hate the colour, however I am starting to warm to it when it is a part of a pattern, especially a floral... or when it's paired with turquoise and/or yellow! As you can see, my dream home would be very extremely patterned, just a mishmash of clashing prints and designs. I love anything ditsy print, especially if it's blue or turquoise. I can also see a lot of Frigiliana influence in my choices... the take-off moorish pottery, the Moroccan influence and shuttered mirror all seem to be subconscious reminders of my favourite place in all the world!! Similarly to my clothes list, many of these do come from kids sections in homeware shops, however I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing - they are a lot more cheerful and colourful in design and I think the world would be a much happier place if we all had a bit more child in us! :) I'd much rather wake up of a morning to a room bright and lively in design, which inadvertently awakens the senses, than a "grown up" neutral room. Drinking a morning cup of juice from a cup with a face on it would certainly set me off in a better mood for the day than drinking from a plain glass! My university room does completely lack in a desk chair and a lampshade so I have been granted permission to buy those two items... I'm considering this IKEA chair as the colour is perfect and I can fold it away to make more space? As for the lampshade I'm thinking a paper lantern one, but I've never had one before... are they safe?!! I guess they wouldn't sell them if they weren't... but I'm torn between the Evolution one pictures and a polka dot one from Sass & Belle, the gutting thing is that delivery is more than the thing itself in both cases!



Mirror // Clockwise from top-left: 
1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16



Naomi x

1 comment

  1. Lovely pieces! I adore the colours of all the different items, think I would choose like all the same pieces!
    Lauren // OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete